• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deposits are a killer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is something called the Meiterverein you can join that is a sort of tenant's association that will give you advice on your rights and suchlike.

IIRC the landlords are supposed to keep the deposit in a special account (the same as we now do in the UK) and give you the interest on it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Tell me about it. They would like €5k for the landlords name. Welcome to Bavaria.
      Ah, Maklers - when I was in Munich the agency had a lass who did nothing else but organise accommodation. With the benefit of hindsight she probably earned her keep by avoiding that lot.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      There is something called the Meiterverein you can join that is a sort of tenant's association that will give you advice on your rights and suchlike.

IIRC the landlords are supposed to keep the deposit in a special account (the same as we now do in the UK) and give you the interest on it.

Mieterverein. I don't think you need to join them as you would a club and anyone can use them.

The deposits I've given (so far) have shown up as a kind of sub-account of my normal bank account. Can't touch it without the landlord's or letting agency's agreement, but what little interest it earns is mine, and more importantly at the beginning, it counted towards my total balance for the purposes of free banking.
      Last edited by Sysman; 21 April 2011, 12:08.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Mieterverein. I don't think you need to join them as you would a club and anyone can use them.
        You need to become a member by filling in a form and paying a fee before they will help you.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
        X