• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best IT related Movie/Film/Telly Prog....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the IT crowd was so promising but just not funny - despite the great cast/writers

office space not really IT (in fact dilbert is more IT centric) but pretty good in places

they made a cartoon out of Penny Arcade but is was gash

but I've yet to see something IT related which has really made me laugh - I think that's because its not that funny a subject, xkcd is the only thing that comes close but is a web comic rather than TV show (and it can be far too nerdy at times to be truly funny)
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
      the IT crowd was so promising but just not funny - despite the great cast/writers

office space not really IT (in fact dilbert is more IT centric) but pretty good in places

they made a cartoon out of Penny Arcade but is was gash

but I've yet to see something IT related which has really made me laugh - I think that's because its not that funny a subject, xkcd is the only thing that comes close but is a web comic rather than TV show (and it can be far too nerdy at times to be truly funny)
      The TPS reports theme in Office Space is very close to the truth tho....

Comment

A sit com called "Contractors", about a office with a group of contractor and permie IT staff, how can it fail?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          A sit com called "Contractors", about a office with a group of contractor and permie IT staff, how can it fail?
          you mean a program featuring a load of nerds sitting in front of their screens all day, not communicating with each other?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Has to be Office Space

Go and grab yourself this as a desktop background: Office Space Bliss by Burt | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

Office space, definitely.

PC load letter? What the f**k does that mean?
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                The TPS reports theme in Office Space is very close to the truth tho....
                oh yeah totally!
                sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

War games
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X