• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgently need German humour magazine recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And watch 'Wo ist Fred', cracking movie!

Not a mag tho...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Some people joke that Germans do not have a sense of humour, but Germans do not find this a laughing matter.

I saw him support Stewart Lee.

(1 min in, can't get the #t= thing to work?)
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I saw him support Stewart Lee.

1:34

That's where I nicked it from. I thought he was funnier than that though.

"I am the German comedy ambassador"

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Ah, I see what you mean now:

YouTube - Henning Wehn-Stand up introduced by Stewart Lee BBC Comedy

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Yes, now try doing it with the video html tags rather than the url ones smart arse!
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
              Maybe somebody with a knowledge of the Continent can help me out here? I haven't even sorted out my apartment and health insurance yet, and I'm really blocked on this one issue.
              Asterix the Gaul. Kids books aren't too bad if your German is basic.

You can also get books which have German on one page and English on the facing page. They are meant to be for learning English, but there's nothing to stop you using them the other way around. They do tend to be classics, detective stories or Agatha Christie though, not comedy.
              Last edited by Sysman; 28 April 2011, 14:13.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X