• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinks that made you sick as a youngster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think I ever got sick on anything despite copious boozing when I was younger. Y'all are lightweights.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Ouzo for me. Had a bottle in about 10 min after a few beers and ended up in hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post
        As for my worst experience, nothing beats a pint of neat ouzo in one sitting. Don't even want to think about it.
        A mix of ouzo and retsina waiting for an evening ferry on a Greek island.

The ferry was late so we kept drinking.

The only time I've been seasick.

Have done both drinks many years later though, but with plenty of food to accompany them.

Metaxa was good stuff.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Ah yes, ouzo, the devil's own evil urine. Also drank that with some mates and crashed out on the top deck of a ferry.

Waking up the next morning, the hangover was excruciatingly painful, made worse by the fact we were so dehydrated and there was no bottled water available.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            Drambuie.

Hmmm. Rusty Nails (Drambuie and scotch whisky). Lovely.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              A mix of ouzo and retsina waiting for an evening ferry on a Greek island.

The ferry was late so we kept drinking.

The only time I've been seasick.

Have done both drinks many years later though, but with plenty of food to accompany them.

Metaxa was good stuff.
              Oh God Yes! Now its coming back... A Sixth Form party many, many years ago, Soterakis (or Zoko) the greek lad who's father ran a restaurant brought a few bottles of Retsina - which was pretty exotic compared to the Party 7s and Party 4's everyone else always brought.

Later in the evening we obviously got into them......... BIG MISTAKE!!
              Down in one. Gulp. Mmmmm not TOO bad! Eh! Hang on need a little belch <burp> ewww that tastes like an old pine branch Errr <buuuuuurp> ewwww <Buuuuur-CHUNDER-CHUNNDER-p>

Projectile vomit with a pine-cone after taste causing projectile vomit!!!

Retsina!!
              Never again, ever, ever ever!!!! God I feel ill even now! Sysman you Tulip! I had actually blanked that from my mind!!
              Retsina!!
              Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
              Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
              X