• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      And your point is?
      That he'd made pots of money. And you haven't.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        No, he had not made lots of money - he still keeps them in gold, and even if he sold he'd make more dollars that depreciated against other currencies.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Why is the gold price falling and where is it going next? - Telegraph

The spot price of gold slumped by more than 4pc to $1,086 an ounce in overnight trading after traders sold 57 tonnes of gold in Shanghai and New York, choosing the moment of minimum market liquidity in what appears to have been a targeted attempt to hit prices hardest.

Gold has been steadily falling since a peak of $1,900 an ounce in September 2011. As the sell-off this morning passed the important barrier of $1,100 an ounce for the first time in five years, it triggered stop-loss orders, which traders put in place to limit their losses by automatically selling when the price reaches a predetermined level. That caused the price to drop even more sharply.

Comment

Forget something did we?

By John Ficenec 11:10AM BST 21 Jul 2015
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Comment

Gold is now driven by the ETF index, which is suffering from hypothecation ratios that are bad enough to be called utterly corrupt. Yet somehow nobody get's charged.

It's so bad now that buying gold causes the price to go down. Think about that.

Comment

I am confused
                  Should i sell my shirt ?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013...20_634x822.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    Gold is now driven by the ETF index, which is suffering from hypothecation ratios that are bad enough to be called utterly corrupt. Yet somehow nobody get's charged.

It's so bad now that buying gold causes the price to go down. Think about that.
                    Oh I am - absolutely crazy. What I don't get is what happens when the derivatives market and all those people holding onto paper gold demand their bullion and realise it does not exist.

€35k per kilo I think at the moment, would not be surprised if gold surged beyond €100k per kilo during the next crash.

JP Morgen stashing silver like there's no tomorrow. Why is JP Morgan Hoarding Silver?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Gold is quoted in dollars, not euros

Comment

Working...
                      X