• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barbecues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    That all adds to the taste and experience. I bet these people also have those pretend fireplaces with an LCD screen showing a fire burning. "but its safer and i don't need to light it innit?"
    I have a photo of an LCD screen showing a fire burning. You can't be too careful with LCD screens.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I have a photo of an LCD screen showing a fire burning. You can't be too careful with LCD screens.

Those chemicals in the printing ink though...

Comment

Also thinking of building a makeshift brick bread oven so I can do Arabic breads and pizza too. Bing

Comment

You can just slap the raw naan on the inside wall of your oven - does the job.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

weber for me as well. I even use it in winter for slow rasting meats.

unlike milan i'm not on commission for the rotisserie gadget
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

you should get this book too...

Weber's Way to Grill: The Step-By-Step Guide to Expert Grilling Sunset Books: Amazon.co.uk: Jamie Purviance, Weber Grills: Books

yum

Milan.

Comment

alright Norahhe luv,

slow roasting meats in the winter time

I've wondered about that too but isn't it too cold outside and the weber has no insulation

what is the coldest outdoor temperature you've run in

and what is the internal temperature of the weber while doing this ?

Milan.

Comment

If you are a city person without a back garden then the disposable barbecues are good. I have used them at our local park a few times and they work a treat.
                  Check the park and common byelaws or laws (depending what park you live next to.)

Lots of parks and commons state that you cannot have open fires including barbecues due to the risk of fire.

Quite a few of the parks and commons near me are Nature Reserves so fire damage can ruin the ecosystem for endangered insects and other bugs.

And yes the police do randomly enforce them.

If I had a garden then using a gas barbecues would seem to me to be missing the point, why not just cook in your kitchen if you want the convenience? Pure laziness.
                  Nope completely different experience.

For one you get a guy cooking while you get to drink a glass of wine (or a bottle), and do nothing after you have prepared the salad. .
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    alright Norahhe luv,

slow roasting meats in the winter time

I've wondered about that too but isn't it too cold outside and the weber has no insulation

what is the coldest outdoor temperature you've run in

and what is the internal temperature of the weber while doing this ?

Milan.
                    Stick your finger in the embers and see if it's hot enough!

If you put the lid on the Weber, not only do you get the full effect of the smokiness, you avoid any localised cooking. Despite the low specific heat capacity and high conductivity of stainless steel, it is enough to provide the oven effect if you keep the lid on while cooking due to thermal radiation, convection and conduction.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

thanks Hyper :-)

How's the TVR ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X