• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    DO NOT get an N900!

You can have mine for a fiver. It's utter

Ok calmed down now. It could have been a tulip hot phone and the theory of it could make it a real winner. Problem is it isn't. There are not enough of them about so apps support is utter rubbish and most seem to be highly techie rather than fun. Keyboard is the dogs danglies, dunno how I am going to cope without it but the rest of the phone is a waste of time. Regret getting mine.
    Exactly my thought regarding my N97. I really liked my N95 8gb and the specs for the 97 were pretty good. Just Nokia completely screwed it up. As I said earlier, the last Nokia I will ever own.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Looking for a new phone soon as well. Had an iPhone 3 and loved it. One of the big things for me was that once Jailbroken you could do almost anything you wanted with it. It became a handheld computer not just a phone with some fancy gadgets. I'm talking about things like remote terminal access to and from my Mac, seamless file sharing over wireless, running network tools and other techy bits and pieces.

Do the HTC and Samsung offerings have the same capability?
      think you can vpn into your pc network on the Samsung if that's your thing....
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Exactly my thought regarding my N97. I really liked my N95 8gb and the specs for the 97 were pretty good. Just Nokia completely screwed it up. As I said earlier, the last Nokia I will ever own.
        I concur. I smashed mine into hundreds of tiny pieces in frustration. I am now back to using the N95 which is a far better device.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
        X