• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help about agents please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    Agents are salesman, their relationship is with their margin, they aim to "always be closing", no matter how many you squash another will crawl out from somewhere.

This is all you need to know.
    Odd but I agree with the Jockey.

Comment

Yes who are these trusting souls who think that an agent can be trusted?

And trusted to do what, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Yes who are these trusting souls who think that an agent can be trusted?
        That will be the boss agent who gets a bit of everyone elses commission

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
          That will be the boss agent who gets a bit of everyone elses commission
          I met the boss agent at my previous contract. He took me, another contractor and a junior agent out for a free meal. He was milking us for information on recruitment etc at the client site but it was quite interesting as we learnt a bit of his life story. He said that he was useless at most things but was good at manual labour and at fast talking. A spiel merchant in other words. Well good for him. He seemed quite pleasant. As did agent junior. He downed at least a bottle of wine and must have been pissed out of his box. But agent junior drove him the 100 miles back to agent HQ. I don't think agent minor earnt much but agent major seemed well heeled. Can't say I'd want to do the job.

Comment

No reason to panic.
            Just keep trying, change the agent and deal with someone who is willing to listen to you. There are nice agents also who will go a step mile further to help you so they can build a relationship with you.

Jabberwocky said it straight out in two words.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
              A spiel merchant in other words. Well good for him. He seemed quite pleasant. As did agent junior. He downed at least a bottle of wine and must have been pissed out of his box. But agent junior drove him the 100 miles back to agent HQ. I don't think agent minor earnt much but agent major seemed well heeled. Can't say I'd want to do the job.
              Its not a job Id want to do.

I met my man from MSB quite often, had coffee and lunch etc and he was quite open about wanting to know if we knew of anything coming up etc.

What I liked about my last agent was that he was honest about what he wanted. He didnt dress his words up or try and be your friend etc. Pitty most of his kind are so straight up.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X