• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Did the mother leave the boy alone? I must admit I can't remember the details of how he came to be abducted.
    I don't know the accuracy of this site but:

At the butcher’s shop, Denise went in, leaving James by the door. Since there wasn’t a queue, she thought James would be okay for a minute on his own. The butcher messed up her order, keeping Denise a little longer than she expected. Nicola, her companion, had just seen James playing with a cigarette butt by the door. When the young mother left the shop to scoop up her child, he was gone. She ran back inside, flustered. “I was only in the shop a few seconds. I turned round and he’d gone,” she cried.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      WHS - I never understood why his mother didn't get more grief for leaving him alone? In the middle of a busy shopping area too.

Bit like the McCanns should never have left their kids alone but I know thats a whole other can of worms - one which I'm not saying needs opening, I'm simply mentioning it.
      Whoa whoa whoa. James wondered off when her back was turned for a second. If you have ever been in charge of a toddler you'll know the speed at which they can bolt off, run into the road or knock a TV over!

Unlike the McGanns who did leave their children, this is all too common and why she has full sympathy and 99% backing of the public.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I didn't see that other post.
        The point I wish to make was if Venables and Thompson were merely products of their upbringing and it was a case of "Monkey See, Monkey Do", then what the hell was it that they were exposed to that caused them to behave in that manner?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Whoa whoa whoa. James wondered off when her back was turned for a second. If you have ever been in charge of a toddler you'll know the speed at which they can bolt off, run into the road or knock a TV over!

Unlike the McGanns who did leave their children, this is all too common and why she has full sympathy and 99% backing of the public.
          Actually I have been "in charge" of many a toddler and I wouldn't take them out without reins or something to keep them attached to me.

Inside the house is another issue. Thats what gates and playpens are for.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            The point I wish to make was if Venables and Thompson were merely products of their upbringing and it was a case of "Monkey See, Monkey Do", then what the hell was it that they were exposed to that caused them to behave in that manner?
            Thats a decidedly scary thought and I really do not want to think about it. Cowardly as I am.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              I don't know the accuracy of this site but:
              Just saw that myself. I don't personally think that part is really relevant - small kids can and do nip away if they see a chance!

This article was quite interesting, and aligns to the discussion being had here.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Children can be surprisingly creative. It's very rarely a case of monkey see monkey do, more often a case of monkey see what monkey can get away with before somebody stops him.

These kids clearly had a ****ed up sense of right and wrong. That often comes from being exposed to a world with a ****ed up sense of right and wrong.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

... then what the hell was it that they were exposed to that caused them to behave in that manner?
                  Apparently one or both of them often watched a horror film called Chucky, about a malevolent animated doll or something, and the crime was largely playing out one of this character's nasty tricks.

As I said, the parents were mostly to blame. ...

Also, bear in mind that just as "many heads are better than one" for bouncing good ideas around, unfortunately the same applies to Bad Ideas, especially when you're ten. Kids lead each other on - I very much doubt either kid on his own would have killed the toddler.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Just saw that myself. I don't personally think that part is really relevant - small kids can and do nip away if they see a chance!

This article was quite interesting, and aligns to the discussion being had here.
                    To be honest I'm more interested in the cause, not the effect.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Apparently one or both of them often watched a horror film called Chucky, about a malevolent animated doll or something, and the crime was largely playing out one of this character's nasty tricks.

As I said, the parents were mostly to blame. ...

Also, bear in mind that just as "many heads are better than one" for bouncing good ideas around, unfortunately the same applies to Bad Ideas, especially when you're ten. Kids lead each other on - I very much doubt either kid on his own would have killed the toddler.
                      Good point.

Comment

Working...
                      X