• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lawnmower Decisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    What are your views on edging with respect to cylinder vs rotary?

I find mowing edges much easier with a cylinder as for the most part there is a step down to soil level since most of my edges interface with flower borders. With a rotary, the wheels can run off the edge and you end up shaving off the sward completely in places.

Personally I strim my edges before mowing.
    With a rotary mower don't let the wheels run off the edge. I used to have a set of long handled shears with the blades at right angles to the handles - specially designed for edging. And used a flat spade occasionally to give a nice straight edge to the lawn.

My lawn is somebody else's problem nowadays
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Mowing the lawn is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

First of all you have to get all the kit assembled. Then have a little dabble yourself till you are all exhausted and you have had enough.
      Then you hand her the implements and tell her to finish it off herself whilst you vanish off down the pub

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
      X