• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm going to sit out in the garden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Came back from office, picked up son put him down for sleep, got on conference call, heard cry, went up, picked him up he chundered down my suit big time, went back down switched off call, phoned missus who
    closed shop, swapped, finished call in pair of shorts and tshirt behind counter in shop with the pungent smell of off milk. Now home for a second day of soup and no beer.
    See you in Lanzarote, chubs!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      You lucky sod. I'm stuck in the office earning a crust!
      eeeh lad. the sun has gone down over the rooftops.

The breeze changed, and I could smell the blossoms from the disused railway and watch the lazy bees buzzing around the garden. Then a plane flew over, in slow circles, a novice by the way the wings wobbled, and I could also hear the sound of a train in the distance.
      all very nice

now I have an hour before the lady comes home from work, to make our cheese and wine party.

Crusty bread, a prawn cocktail, coarse mushroom pate, boursin, a bowl of grapes and a bottle of white wine for the lady

Bread, blue cheese, a jar of pickles, and cheese crackers, plus whats left of ten cans for myself

then its up at six tomorrow for another day.

its the contractor life for me boys. and girls

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

The breeze changed, and I could smell the blossoms from the disused railway and watch the lazy bees buzzing around the garden. Then a plane flew over, in slow circles, a novice by the way the wings wobbled, and I could also hear the sound of a train in the distance.
        all very nice

now I have an hour before the lady comes home from work, to make our cheese and wine party.

Crusty bread, a prawn cocktail, coarse mushroom pate, boursin, a bowl of grapes and a bottle of white wine for the lady

Bread, blue cheese, a jar of pickles, and cheese crackers, plus whats left of ten cans for myself

I'm attacking the blue-cheese when I get home tomorrow - with a nice bottle of red, all to myself!

Comment

I'm attacking the blue-cheese when I get home tomorrow - with a nice bottle of red, all to myself!
          sometimes its nice to have an hour.

I dont mind doing the garden, working away, making the tea, and all the rest

I just want an hour now and then

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

all very nice

You two bastards are on Ignore.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

See you in Lanzarote, chubs!
              31 degrees C forecast today, but the sea temperature is only 18 or 19 degrees C. Still a bit nippy for swimming?

The other big problem with Lanzarote is that there are no trees to sling a hammock off. What is there to do there? I may give Tenerife a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                31 degrees C forecast today, but the sea temperature is only 18 or 19 degrees C. Still a bit nippy for swimming?

The other big problem with Lanzarote is that there are no trees to sling a hammock off. What is there to do there? I may give Tenerife a whirl.
                eh ? it were 19c when i checked an hour ago

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Weather in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Mine was today's forecast, yours is current temperature (click my link).

Edit: At least I hope yours is current temperature, or maybe a daily average, rather than a high, because a 10 degree difference in forecasts takes some explaining. Except with the words BBC weather, Met Office, etc. Someone will just have to fly out there and find out.
                    Last edited by TimberWolf; 7 April 2011, 09:50.

Comment

Atlantic crossed on raft made of pipes

Setting off from the Canaries.

By an 85 year old, though his crew were sprightly 56-61 year olds.

I would like to think that I could sail the Atlantic in a boat made of pipes when I'm 85.

Comment

Working...
                      X