• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any cowboys on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Come on you know who you are.

You charge extortionate rates, complain all the time, leave the job angry and bugger up the project only for your replacement to gasp in astonishment.

Thing is you'll probably make it to retirement before you're busted.
    You charge extortionate rates - less than market rate

complain all the time - half the time, when requirements aren't communicated properly or instructions aren't followed

leave the job angry - depends on how many perms I've worked with who've made me think 'how are you even alive' due to their complete incomptence - would probably be more angry if having to work with them all the time so is a good trade off

bugger up the project only for your replacement to gasp in astonishment - they don't tend to replace me with someone of the same caliber so they would be unable to spot an cock-ups I've (naturally) made until they can skill up

then again I don't consider myself a cowboy
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
    X