• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gastric flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue station in 2003, closest I have been to making a mucky pup of myself, the night before I had a plate of prawns and that did the damage.

I ran into the toilet and upon finding no toilet roll I had to high speed crab walk back to my rucksack to grab a roll of andrex and then do an arse gripping paso doble back in to the men's room at break neck speed.

Onions, prawns, noodles, peppers. Straight in straight out.

Comment

This reminds me of the time I became addicted to smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels. Around 2 weeks into the binge I had a conversation something like:

DD: "This salmon smells a bit funny"
      Mate: "Not surprised, it's been in there 2 weeks"
      DD: "I'm just going for a tulip"

2 days of antibiotics and spraying pink jelly at the bog later I was right as rain.

I gave myself salmonella from a reheated Chinese once as well, that wasn't very nice.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Last time I had a major dose of the galloping Henries was back in the 70s.

My parents had bought a hundredweight sack of rice, in case WW3 broke out. But as no nukes had materialised by the late 70s they suggested I might like to take it to uni and use it to save money on food.

The day after cooking my first curry, I was slightly surprised to be tulipting what sounded like gravel. It rattled on the bowl like a machine gun.

When I asked when they had actually bought this rice, it turned out to have been at the start of the Cold War, back in the early 50s. Well one could only commend their foresight. But obviously this stuff had literally fossilized and passed right through me unchanged.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Last time I had a major dose of the galloping Henries was back in the 70s.

My parents had bought a hundredweight sack of rice, in case WW3 broke out. But as no nukes had materialised by the late 70s they suggested I might like to take it to uni and use it to save money on food.

The day after cooking my first curry, I was slightly surprised to be tulipting what sounded like gravel. It rattled on the bowl like a machine gun.

When I asked when they had actually bought this rice, it turned out to have been at the start of the Cold War, back in the early 50s. Well one could only commend their foresight. But obviously this stuff had literally fossilized and passed right through me unchanged.
          Who's going to be the first to tell Owlhoot you're meant to boil the rice in water before eating?!
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

So I drove home. And some fooker stacked his motor on the M3 so had to sit in traffic for an hour to join the M25.
            Sorry if you can wait that long to go then you weren't that ill.

And I'm not going into details
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Many years ago me and my young lady went for a meal - quite nice.

She came over all ill as we left the restaurant...

I drove home about 15 minutes away - she 'requested' I speed up - just got to the house, she ran upstairs - but didn't quite make it in time...

I've never seen anything like it - floor, walls, stairs - like something from Long Kesh.

Quite horrific.

She was ill most of the night and started vomiting soon after I made her clear it up.

Bing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post

She was ill most of the night and started vomiting soon after I made her clear it up.
                What a gentleman!
                Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                Bing!
                And what's with the stupid ******* tulipting signature?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

And I'm not going into details
                  Thank you doctor. I beg to differ. I was on the pot until 2am. I actually fell asleep while there, for a fleeting second before the next wave of bowel cramps and sqwits.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Thank you doctor. I beg to differ. I was on the pot until 2am. I actually fell asleep while there, for a fleeting second before the next wave of bowel cramps and sqwits.
                    Bedshit:ter
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      She has a point. During the Chicken Foo Yung episode I was so bad it was three days before I felt confident enough to walk the 15 minutes to the doctors.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X