• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OddBods in administration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tescopoly - Home
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

One of the 2 local ones closed last night. The other one is still going for a while but if that shuts it will be a choice of tesco or the local corner shop for booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

HMRC are a set of parasite maggots.
        FTFY
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          One of the 2 local ones closed last night. The other one is still going for a while but if that shuts it will be a choice of tesco or the local corner shop for booze.
          In all the random places I've lived in the UK Oddbins was completely tulip.

The local corner shop(s) sold a wider range of alcohol, often has special offers that beat them, sold better snacks and where/are open for longer.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            In all the random places I've lived in the UK Oddbins was completely tulip.

The local corner shop(s) sold a wider range of alcohol, often has special offers that beat them, sold better snacks and where/are open for longer.
            Oddbins are chancers over price, I smoke havanas when having a drink and the charge about 30% more in the shop that the tabbaconists 20 yards away.

But some of the staff in oddbins have a great depth of knowledge in malts and I could spend 10 minutes just chatting to the manager when I went in to pick up a bottle. They usually had a couple of taster bottles under the counter and are quite willing to offer up a couple of quick drams when you were in, also they did make an attempt to train the staff in what they were selling.

My local corner shop sells a limited range of basic booze and probably gears itself towards selling to 15 year olds that get their big brothers to buy them drink.

Getting a cheap price is not my motivation when buying drink.

Comment

Working...
            X