• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No win No fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    wasnt it douglas adams ?

i wish i had never read them books.

then i could read them all again for the first time

Next time, try holding the book with your other hand.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

wasnt it douglas adams ?

You may be right. Can't be arsed looking it up.

Comment

The concept is sound but as ever greedy buggers find the loop-holes & take the pee
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          The concept is sound but as ever greedy buggers find the loop-holes & take the pee
          WSS

BTW if you trip over a paving slab or whatever you need to check it's been reported to the council. Most councils allow you to report it online. And if you need to claim compensation for a council for something like that you can normally do it yourself (again online) without the use of one of those firms.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            On a serious note, I do think the idea that you can get representation without being rich is a very good one.
            I agree, but the clampdown is no surprise.

Prior to the last election, I was at a debate for libel reform with Evan Harris (then) MP, a Labour minister and Dominic Grieve (now Attorney General). The debate branched out further to cover no win, no fee and it was pretty obvious that the idea that those without the money to pay for a claim against a significantly bigger party were going to get a crappy deal if Grieve had any say in the matter.

I had the privilege of standing next to an in-house lawyer for the Daily Heil. Until he revealed who he worked for - at which point it was interesting to see people shuffle slowly away.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I had the privilege of standing next to an in-house lawyer for the Daily Heil. Until he revealed who he worked for - at which point it was interesting to see people shuffle slowly away.
              With those sort of people it's best to be friendly and polite to get their interesting stories out of them. You never know what they may say.............
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

wasnt it douglas adams ?

It and sadly I didn't make it past that bit in book 3 so never finished the series - red dwarf was better anyway
                sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
                X