• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had the most embarrassing work moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    That was probably on my first day on my first contract as an Excel "expert". I didn't know that the "a-z/z-a" menu button only reordered the current column, not the whole dataset. I hadn't taken a copy, so had to ask for another one because I'd mucked up the first one within 10 minutes.

Fortunately it was 2000 and affordable IT people were thin on the ground. I could have turned up in my pants and still seen the contract out.

One of my embarrassing moments did involve me walking around with my pants on show
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

One of my embarrassing moments did involve me walking around with my pants on show
      were there lots of s ing?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        were there lots of s ing?
        No. More I expect.

Skirt was tucked into knickers. Exposing thick black tights over said knickers, being held in place with a second, hideous pair of purple pants.

As per my original thread on the matter, I bent to get milk out of the fridge in the kitchen area at the top of the open plan office; a lady I didn't know whispered to me that I might want to sort my skirt out.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

No. More I expect.

Skirt was tucked into knickers. Exposing thick black tights over said knickers, being held in place with a second, hideous pair of purple pants.

As per my original thread on the matter, I bent to get milk out of the fridge in the kitchen area at the top of the open plan office; a lady I didn't know whispered to me that I might want to sort my skirt out.
          bless her. Something I've always wondered about that - how could you not feel that it's not right?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

On a trip to Paris just for the night, meeting next day and then back. Just had a pair of work trousers and a pair of shorts for the gym later that evening.

Taxi turned up to take us to the train, leant in and clean ripped my suit trousers all the way from the crotch to the knee. The girl I was sharing a taxi with just pissed herself laughing.

Got in the taxi, cool as a cucumber, sat down with laptop across my lap and asked the driver to close the window as their was a slight breeze.

Swapped to a pair of gym shorts, turned up in Paris for the evening do in tight shorts, shirt and tie (popped out first thing to buy new trousers!)
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              bless her. Something I've always wondered about that - how could you not feel that it's not right?
              You see, it wasn't a structured pencil skirt. It was a sort of jersey affair, clingy but much thinner material that you can't necessarily feel as much. I was so bandaged up in tights and pants etc I would never have noticed.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Phwoar!

Back in 5.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You see, it wasn't a structured pencil skirt. It was a sort of jersey affair

Am I getting warm??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Am I getting warm??

Very.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Well.

I came for interview at current clientco, and security said they were going to take my picture for the temporary pass, for some reason I completely ignored the obvious PC camera in front of me and walked over to the door where I'd previously spied an access camera and posed in front of it.

Except it was a hand-wash dispenser.

Even now, I overhear people talking about the idiot that came for interview that thought that the hand-wash dispenser was a camera...

Comment

Working...
                      X