• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you risk your life...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't risk going to Iraq for that money. This week I have applied for a contract in Colombia, which some might avoid.

Comment

I saw that as well but I
      was unsure what Mule was?

Is it a Microsoft product?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
        Wouldn't risk going to Iraq for that money. This week I have applied for a contract in Colombia, which some might avoid.
        Some years ago I was offered a short term contract in Bogota which I turned down. The guy who did go was sick for the first two weeks with breathing problems. He reckoned the pollution was so bad it was like sticking your mouth to a bus exhaust on a hot summers day. Coupled with adjusting to the altitude it was a grim time.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Come to think about it I did risk my life working for the MoD for 12k PA back in the 70's. Can't talk about it though.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I risked my life working for a year with the police in Govan, if the locals were not bad enough you could find yourself hospitalised from dehydration after walking past Ibrox.

Comment

Perhaps the question should be "Would you risk your life for 5x what you would expect to earn here?"

These guys would be doing mundane jobs back home, good luck to 'em.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Why would I want to take a pay drop? I have worked in Tel Aviv a couple of times when bombs were going off but that was on a high rate...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X