• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there life after IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lasta View Post
    My advice is: take your time thinking, and most of all, feeling what it is that you like, what your talents are, what are you natural affinities. If you don't see them clearly today, just keep looking, and one day you will see clearly what you need to do. It could take you a day, or it could take you a year, or 5 years. But before you see clearly what you need to do to feel content, there is little point in trying thins, that and the other. At least that is how I see it. The more clearly you see it, the easier it will be to realise the dream.
    If I followed your advice I'd be an alcoholic womaniser.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well looking at my talents outside of IT (none) and even looking at my marketing of IT skills (low, which results in large quantities of bench time) I think I'm going to have to find the answer to the question "Is there life after IT?". The answer will have to include "Parklife" and "Weatherspoons" I fear.

Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

When hope and self-belief disappears, what is there to do?

Al Pacino gave the answer....

Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X