• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents....do your own bloody work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    What is an Internet?
    not sure but apparently they have it on the web now....
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
      Agreed, I must say i've had it 50/50. I have had some good agents....shhh, don't tell anyone.

But the current/ almost ex agent has these little sticking out ears (a bit troll like, although he has brilliant white teeth and plenty of hair gel so definately not a troll)....and I just can't help wanting to pull them off his head - this of course has some history behind it.

Next contract is a bit different....an agent put me forward for the role but billing is direct, so he will get the equivilent of a finders fee, and I must say he's been great, no hassle, no worries, not trying to screw me on margin and put me forward at a very respectable rate. Landed the role, client are willing to wait, all parties happy.
      weirdest call I got the other day was when they asked me for my rate and they suggested I up it by £20 a day?!?!
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
      X