• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breadth of skillset

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I was just supporting your argument!
    Sorry, didn't quite get the drift of what you were saying. Not a people person you see.

Which nuclear plant you working on.....and do you need a control engineer?

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
      Sorry, didn't quite get the drift of what you were saying. Not a people person you see.

Which nuclear plant you working on.....and do you need a control engineer?
      Chapelcross, was 15 years ago (heck!), being decommed now, undergoing defuelling now I think, made loads of mates there still keep in touch.

Our then BNFL IT section had been newly outsourced to an American Company with a scientifically-oriented TLA-name and a litigious reputation and we had all sorts of new bods flying around trying to empire-build and make names for themselves, hence cock-ups like I described.

I left because they wanted to make me permie.

Comment

I get loads of bodgers who claim to be able to do what I do, but very few can do it properly. Unfortunately, the agents and hiring managers rarely have a clue either.
        The danger is that the bodgers lead the way and you have to become one of them to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
          The danger is that the bodgers lead the way and you have to become one of them to keep up.
          It is my experience, in my niche area, that the bodgers don't last long. Then word gets round that they are not very good.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
          X