• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Richtofen scale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Que??
    Russell Brand got the sach, as did Ross. Or got told off and given lots of money, I forget now.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Russell Brand got the sach, as did Ross. Or got told off and given lots of money, I forget now.
      Whoosh.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Anyway, I've seen those people on the news in Japan. I'm not giving them any money - some of them have got TWO BOATS in their front gardens.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Whoosh.
          D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Ditto on the concept.

As for Princess Di. I think if the scale of faux media anguish is so widely out of proportion then it's fair game.

In this case (Japan) it isn't.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                The Richtofen scale is a bit like the richter scale. its a measure of how soon after some disaster its ok to fly a joke about it.

If it happens to my city or country - fair game
                If it happens to an organisation that I am or was a part of - fair game
                If it happens to my family - fair game
                If it happens to a country that I have spent a lot of time in - fair game
                If I have ever been in a tsunami - tsunamis are fair game
                etc

basically, if I have a close attachment, I can take the p1ss, and I can stand having it taken

but if its a place , incident or horror that I have no experience of, I feel the need to zip it.

I have never been in an earthquake, tsunami or nuclear meltdown, or spent 10 tears living as a jap.
                so I will bow out of this one and zip it

Yes you are right, but again someone may make a joke about it, regret it when you explain it like this and learn from it.

It needs balance. This post I think brings balance and does indeed make you wise (in CUK terms at least) and is one of your best.

I think we should resort to the default of taking the piss out of the yanks, never fails
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Brand made a complete one man stand up show out of the episode. I saw it on telly.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    This post I think
                    Where there's a will there's a way................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X