• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's Worcestershire like to live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of the Partridge scene where he ponders being a neighbour of Chris Rea.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I don't like the look of that house - Inside it would be all roof and beams, with pokey little rooms, and probably horribly creaky floorboards to boot.

It would be like trying to walk around, practically bent double, below decks on HMS Victory.
      Look at the interior photos on that page. Far too many beams for me; they appear to exude fake olde worlde charm rather than structural requirements.

I've lived in beamed places and I really didn't like all those beams. Give me nice expanses of white walls and ceilings any day.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        WHS. I grew up in old houses and I bloody hate them. I have the scars on my head to prove it. Still, each to his own.

Enjoy the rising damp, the drafty bedrooms and the sound of mice running about above the ceiling.
        And those mice seem to wear size 11 army boots. Hobnailed army boots.

They used to come in from next door at 5 past midnight, prompt. I filled several holes up with cement to stop the next door midnight flit, but living in fields you couldn't really keep them out.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          All very nice, but The 27th floor ???

and I would suggest that for 4 mill you could get something rather better.

It doesn't even have a "his and hers" sink.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            All very nice, but The 27th floor ???

and I would suggest that for 4 mill you could get something rather better.

It doesn't even have a "his and hers" sink.
            His missus doesn't wash so no problems there.

And Portsmouth? Has it miraculously changed in the last 15 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              That's rather Chateau Poche et Becqs, don't you think?
              Very. Or a rock star.

Comment

Working...
              X