• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Links from Nowhere Vol. LXIII

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post

I remember one place going bust on me with 30000 quid outstanding. ah me. unhappy days...
    Holy carp! How/why in the World did you let it creep up to that amount?!

(Unless you're HMR&C )
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Just in case anyone else has ended up here while trying to track down their money from Inginia Solutions...
      I thought i would post this interesting little blog that I stumbled across. It appears that these guys really pissed some people off:
      mockingtudor.wordpress.com
      It looks like their companies owe contractors and suppliers at least £700,000.
      My share of that is a relatively small £20,000.
      I hope we get some justice, but I aint holding my breath, the cheeky git Michael Baker who runs Inginia solutions has even listed one of his other companies as a creditor to Inginia Solutions.
      They are still operating as Empire RC and Execuit, stay well clear of them.
      Cheers,
      Greg

Comment

I was taken on by a company in the group that included Inginia, for a month contract at a telcoms company in Slough in August 2010 to write some perl code for an Oracle data feed.

My proposed contribution was a fairly small part of the overall project, to be completed at the start, and it was anticipated the project as a whole would take several months including testing and user acceptance.

Before starting, I noticed my contract said I would be paid "following user acceptance". Not having anything else on the go at the time, and wanting a bit of Oracle experience even if only peripherally, I was quite keen to do the work but naturally very unhappy about this ridiculous condition.

So, despite them being very emphatic (suspiciously so) that I should FAX the signed contract back before starting, I deliberately "forgot", and was was two or three days in before I contacted the agency and said the payment condition was absurd and if not changed before I signed the contract then I would walk off the site.

By then I had a few preliminary results to show the end users, and not wanting to upset the users Inginia very reluctantly agreed to a 30 day term (which was bad enough itself, but at least not almost open-ended).

In the event, the contract was extended slightly to about six weeks and I then started at another clientco and carelessly let things slip regarding checking payment of my Inginia invoice for several thousand pounds. (In theory I could have applied for a winding up petition back in about october 2010, and certainly would have if I'd realized the rogues hadn't paid!)

But as I mentioned in an earlier post, as luck would have it, several months later, at the end of 2010, there was a requirement for a day's extra work at Inginia's clientco. To the MD's obvious irritation when I spoke to him on the phone, there was no one else they could readily lay their hands on who could do this.

Noticing then that my earlier invoice _still_ hadn't been paid, after six months, I said I would be willing to do this work but only once this was rectified.

According to the MD, it was all a lamentable oversight that had slipped through the net, and would have been sorted out in no time had I mentioned it earlier!

I bet they never paid the invoice for the day's work. Couldn't be bothered to check afterwards, as it was only a few hundred. If not then there was certainly no point once I received the administrator's
        letter.

For what it's worth (nothing I know) you have my sympathies muhnkee_2. But again one has to ask how and why you let it get so much! Once an agency starts getting behind with payments, they'll never catch up.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X