• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Lewis Bonus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    mmm, I disagree actually.

me too I left a place when I was a perm because the bonus (and pay rise) system was the same for everyone regardless of performance - absolutely no incentive
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      ftfy
      to be fair I'm not sure primary school teachers are given the authority to make that kind of policy, blame the school/head/governors/LEA/Government but not the teacher - it's like blaming the bin man for not taking the non-recyclable rubbish in the recycling bin as if it was his idea!
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Good job JL. I admire that lot; they're one of the few large companies that make a cooperative work really well. If I really had to go permie, I would much rather work for a cooperative like JL than for some blue chip corporation that sucks the life out of people to make a profit for some anonymous hedge fund in the far east.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
        X