• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there a bigger fashion faux pas than...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found even a long sleeve shirt that is a good quality cotton keeps me cool in the summer
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You were young once too and you enjoyed going to random festivals where you had to camp.

(I don't btw I hate camping and festivals where you have to camp out. It was my 10 year stint to prove I still hate it.)
      How wrong you are. My last time under canvas was work related and I was 12 years old the last time I had a camping holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I have found even a long sleeve shirt that is a good quality cotton keeps me cool in the summer
        If you've got pasty, weedy arms then you're doing the right thing by keeping them covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          If you've got pasty, weedy arms then you're doing the right thing by keeping them covered.
          If you noticed anything you would notice in loads of hot countries people of both sexes do wear long sleeved clothes in the heat.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            How wrong you are. My last time under canvas was work related and I was 12 years old the last time I had a camping holiday.
            Well never let any of your friends convince you (while drunk) that it's going to be "fun" to try it. It's not even if it doesn't rain and it's warm.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why do some men wear a shirt and trousers with no belt? It looks messy to me.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

If you noticed anything you would notice in loads of hot countries people of both sexes do wear long sleeved clothes in the heat.
                We're talking about office workers here love, in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  wearing a short sleeved shirt and a tie?!

(This annoys me more than when I worked with a bunch of scientist who would regularly wear sandals with socks on)
                  Nothing wrong with that. British colonial uniform, short sleeve shirt and tie, white shorts, long socks, boots and pith on your head
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Well never let any of your friends convince you (while drunk) that it's going to be "fun" to try it. It's not even if it doesn't rain and it's warm.
                    Rule of thumb; if they try to convince you to go camping, they're not friends.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

I visited a few high street chains in the hope of finding some comfy jeans but all I found were 'skinny fit' (tight on the balls), 'low rise' (arse hanging out, carrot cut (no idea???) or 'bow leg' (rickets).

Is it me?
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X