• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend-vy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been at an utterly insane fancy dress party for 3 days. Only 2 more to go.
    But normally I stay in and watch a dvd.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Michelin only goes up to 3*, what what. Innit.
      I wouldn't know, I'm faaar too common, what what
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I wouldn't know, I'm faaar too common, what what
        How can we fix that?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          How can we fix that?
          I fear I'm beyond fixing Micho
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            Aparently most of us lie about how we spend our weekends, to impress others.

Most common lies are about going out on a Saturday night or attending dinner parties, when really we've stayed in!

Who does this?!!
            Exactly - How pathetic can they get?

I spent the weekend in Libya, with a (cough) small team visiting a local diplomat. Can't really talk about it in detail, but suffice it to say the whole thing went tits up, and now we're back in a town in Hereford (which I can't name) planning our next move. So quite an eventful weekend really, but not the worst I've had.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I gave to three or four charities.

but I dont like to talk about it

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Aparently most of us lie about how we spend our weekends, to impress others.

Most common lies are about going out on a Saturday night or attending dinner parties, when really we've stayed in!

Who does this?!!
                I don't.

Over the past 2 years I have had some minor illness problems which has meant 1 week in every 3 I've been too ill and tired to go out. So when I'm well enough to go out everyone knows about it. My next full weekend in will be in April (and I'm looking forward to staying in bed until 1pm)
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Most common lies are about going out on a Saturday night or attending dinner parties, when really we've stayed in!:
                  I went to a dinner party on Sunday night (no, really I did) with a bunch of 30 something professionals - note to the audience I'm neither professioanl or a 30 something. I was engaged in conversation about pokemon and which school you want to send your kids too.

Next time I'm going to lie to people and say I stayed in.

Comment

Just made it up, cause I'm bored...

No, just heard it on "Smooth Radio" - it's all rock and roll in the SallyAnne house this morning!
                    Get a job, ya bum!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      I went to a dinner party on Sunday night (no, really I did) with a bunch of 30 something professionals - note to the audience I'm neither professioanl or a 30 something. I was engaged in conversation about pokemon and which school you want to send your kids too.

Next time I'm going to lie to people and say I stayed in.
                      They are fraught with danger these types of discussion.

At a recent dinner party we were talking about private schools. There is a local private girls school that will take them from 3/4! Fees are about £7k a year.

I stated that at age 4, we had thought about it but had decided that really we didn't see the point of paying for education at that age, thought it was a waste of time and frankly didn't want to be seen as pretentious.

There was a couple who were a bit taken aback.

You can guess where their daughter went. :
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X