• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well I never saw this coming!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much cheapness.

Tata Nano on fire in Mumbai

Barely a month after a brand new Nano incinerated itself in Mumbai, another Nano succumbed to fire, this time in Anand, Gujarat.

Startlingly, even this Tata Nano was brand new and was being driven to be delivered to a dealer. This certainly is something Tata will have trouble disassociating itself with as Nanos are under fire literally, left, right and center. Arson anyone?

While Tata Motors announced an official inquiry last time around, we’re still in the dark about what exactly went wrong as Tata never bothered to get back and tell the world what happened. We, at IndianCarsBikes sincerely hope that Tata gets its act together and comes out in the open and clears air about why the Nanos are so prone to being burnt.

Tata Motors’ silence on this issue is only exacerbating matters by ensuring that the Tata Nano’s name is being maligned by all and sundry. A shame really, for the Tata Nano is one revolutionary car that definitely deserves a better deal, not to mention the fact that the world associating the Tata Nano as being quintessential Indian.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

It's possible that the Nano is designed to practice a form of vehicular self-immolation as a protest technique sometimes found in that part of the world.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

So that makes a Nano an excellent car, gives it something in common with a Ferrari 458 Ialia. Perhaps they used the same glue to stick them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Much cheapness.
          Great photo!

I think I'll use that as my avatar..

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            That's like Wayne Rooney trying to be Einstein.
            Or you trying to be relevant.

HTH but IDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Great photo!

I think I'll use that as my avatar..
              I particularly like the laua hanging out the front.
              You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
              X