• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prisoners having a vote....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people in prison are given the right to vote, which constituency would the vote in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      Yes they are. Unless you want to steal the word "society" and use it to mean "club that I get to set the membership rules of".
      You are kidding, right?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'm part of the Big Society. But once i've dropped a few pounds I expect to be part of the Average Society again.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Being in prison doesn't stop one from having a seat in the House of Lords, so why should it stop you having a vote?

The percentage of those in prison who can vote and do (in other countries) is typically low.

The only real preventative reason is where do you register those that were homeless before being incarcerated?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think they should get the right to vote (for the reasons that have been given), but don't feel particularly strongly about it.

What I do feel strongly about is bleedin' Europe interfering!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              What I do feel strongly about is bleedin' Europe interfering!
              Erm, I think you'll find that the European Convention of Human Rights has a lot more to do with Britain 'interfering' in Europe than the other way round.

Bloody good job too.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I don't care as long as they keep these people in prison for as long as possible, preferably forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I don't care as long as they keep these people in prison for as long as possible, preferably forever.
                  You've been reading the Daily Wail again haven't you!

These people, comin' over 'ere, livin' off our taxes, cloggin' up our National Elf Service,......they should bring back the birch!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I think they should be taken out and shot. Short, sharp shock.

Murdered someone - bullet to the back of the head
                    Raped someone - bullet to the back of the head
                    Stole a car - bullet to the back of the head
                    Committed fraud - bullet to the back of the head
                    Late payment of parking fine - bullet to the back of the head

Nasser Hussein.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I think they should be taken out and shot. Short, sharp shock.

Murdered someone - bullet to the back of the head
                      Raped someone - bullet to the back of the head
                      Stole a car - bullet to the back of the head
                      Committed fraud - bullet to the back of the head
                      Late payment of parking fine - bullet to the back of the head

Nasser Hussein.
                      I didn't know retired English cricketers had such extreme opinions. At least, David Gower always struck me as a fairly liberal, balanced and amiable chap.

Comment

Working...
                      X