• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Characters in your office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Oh, yeah. I know him. There's a knobhead Bob everywhere.
    Colin Hunt

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Within my view, there are the following:

One guy with total OCD. Runs his hands along everything many times, especially shelves, bins, and even urinals. Keeps tipping his cup back for ages even when it is obviously empty. Runs everywhere because his OCD makes him late.

Across from him is a fat guy who literally sleeps for most of the day, apart from when he's playing games.

Across from him is a guy who gets away with doing absolutely nothing - it's always "I'm waiting for so and so to do something before i can start" - and he's on th ephone to his stockbroker all the time.

Next there is the strangest guy I've ever met. His face is bright red, he bounces his legs up and down as if he's a jockey in the Grand National, and grunts extremely loudly every few minutes like a gorilla. He also says "what it is, right okay" multiple times in the same sentence. He also thinks he runs the place, when he clearly does not, and seems to be totally incompetent.

There is a huge fat woman who sneezes so loud that you really have to presume she is attention seeking. She just talks all the time - even in the lift I heard her saying to total strangers "well my doctor told me that i shouldn't diet as me and my boyfriend are trying for a baby..."

There's a Hungarian chap who comes to work in slippers, then in the kitchen area, fills up the sink and has a good wash - you know as if he'd been walking through the desert for days and suddenly came across an oasis...

It's just a mad place. There are odd people every where that i've worked but I've got to the point now where I can't stand it any longer and likely to just freak out sometime soon.

Comment

Guy who looks like golum from Lord of the rings. And just as stupid (developer type)

Comment

I used to work with a very very senior guy, whose nervous habit was to play with himself in his troused pocket. Really odd, especially when he was standing up and giving an announcement to the whole organisation. That used to un-nerve him badly and he would really give it some welly. If really agitated, he'd stick his other hand down the back of his pants and have a good scratch around and then smell his middle finger.

It was quite hard to concentrate, and sadly, he knew that he did it and couldn't control it.

Comment

Outside of my team just a bunch of IB permies. All incredibly smug, pleased with themselves and stuck up.

I've stopped even bothering to be polite to them now. Guy behind me who is nothing to do with our project makes a point of stopping and having a good look at my screen (with a sharp intake of breath to make sure I know he's doing it) every time he walks past. Loads of 'go to the gym at lunchtime' types with their protein shakes in the fridge often to be found quaffing their hair in the bathroom. Very fit totty that if you so much as look at them when walking past you get a sense that you'll soon be getting a visit from HR/security.

I don't think any of them could rightly be described as characters unfortunately..

There is this one girl who is quite large and walks around in very short skirts and almost nightclub gear. She needs to be looked at just so she can give you the 'how dare you - you think you're in my league? - Know your place you foolish surf!" look - which is quite amusing
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

quite a few egos and lots of people they have to validate their existance.

3 Contractors who behave like permies
              One of them in particular is a conspiracy theorist and sees anyone not consulting him before taking to his developer mates as an affront and something evil is being plotted so he must raise hell against it.

There's a guy who seems to run everywhere.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                Guy who looks like golum from Lord of the rings. And just as stupid (developer type)
                I work with Gimli and he's very annoying, especially with all the axe waving.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am sitting next to this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    I work with Gimli and he's very annoying, especially with all the axe waving.
                    We've got a Gimli too - he's quite sweet though.

Then there's the woman who turned up on Monday with Weetabix down her jumper. Half way through the morning she realised, so removed the offending garment to reveal her blouse on inside out. Oh. That was me...

Comment

A woman's just arrived whom I would describe as a 'wibbly wobbly person'. She perhaps used to be hideously fat, and has lost a considerable amount of weight. She wears tight clothing to display here new slim line. Well you can guess the result; wobbly legs, wobbly arms, belly flap hanging down. Not attractive at all.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X