• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"The Killing" (Scandinavian Noir on BBC4 on Saturday evenings).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Dunno.

I somehow saw it coming.
    Yes, it was slightly spoiled by knowing it was going to be the last one.

I didn't think it was out of character. She wanted out, as was well established at the start.

Still not seen the first one. Bloody BBC. And no I'm not watching a remake.

Borgen in a couple of weeks, which I also enjoyed.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Spoiler alert

Even if you accept that, it's still remarkable drama.
      OK, I concede even series 3 is better than the normal TV fare.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I didn't think it was out of character. She wanted out, as was well established at the start.
      It was a cop-out ending (excuse the pun) and her flying off into the sunset was very poor. Far better to have left everything inconclusive, last appearance or not.

Borgen in a couple of weeks, which I also enjoyed.
      Me too. Seen series 1 & 2 and they are both excellent.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Still not seen the first one. Bloody BBC.
        <cough>torrent</cough>

Comment

I enjoyed the first Borgen. It doesn't have the cinematography or moodiness of The Killing and/or The Bridge, but Danish coallition politics is more interesting than you might think.

I managed to watch The Girl who Played with Fire, and The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest last week too. What is it with the Scandanavians these days?

Comment

Finally watched "The Bridge" ... also very good, if rather unlikely (as in, the who did it, how and why).

But Saga was fun

Comment

So are they the slowest polis in the world? It was so obvious who the first victim was going to turn out to be.

I thought the last story was weaker than the previous two, but still better than 99% of TV. Shame it's finished.

Comment

Well, in other news, "The Bridge" has been remade as "The Tunnel" and the first ep appears on one of the Sky channels this very week.

Apparently the woman's bisected body is half in Britain & half in France.

Oh is it just a remake? I thought it was something new.

Comment

Anyone watch The Tunnel at the weekend?

It was alright, but seems a bit pointless. There was nothing wrong with the original, and if the idea was just to do it in English, then they've only half succeeded

Comment

I watched. It was quite good; I wouldn't mind seeing the original again so watching a faithful remake isn't all that bad. I was just pleased to see a) the French spoke French, and b) they filmed it properly and didn't go down the whirly camera route.

Comment

"Borgen" series 3 is imminent.

Sommat to look forward to on Saturdays.
                      I've heard it's not up to the quality of the first two.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X