• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm discussing the issue with the original poster, not someone who has decided to join the fray to try and make himself look good.

You're failing miserably, now kindly stop interrupting.
    When you originally made the statements, I nominated you for Village Idiot of the Day, a title you are proving to have fully earned.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And where is my predjudice against Jews and where particular in my statement?
      Can you really not see? Honestly, not as a debating point? Because you're not stupid. Are you actually astonished that someone reasonable (and I do know what the come-back is on that) might read those words and think that you're anti-semitic?

But, here we go:

It is not a good thing to be 'in it for themselves' and to see Gentiles as 'to be used' - it is a pretty negative view-point to think that people are like this. It is also not reasonable to extrapolate from you your own experience, that because Jewish people that you know in this company are 'like that', then Jewish people in general are like that.

What you have done is to apply this negative view-point to a people, which is prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I'll bet you 50p it isn't.
        Can I have my 10% cut, now?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Can you really not see? Honestly, not as a debating point? Because you're not stupid. Are you actually astonished that someone reasonable (and I do know what the come-back is on that) might read those words and think that you're anti-semitic?

But, here we go:

It is not a good thing to be 'in it for themselves' and to see Gentiles as 'to be used' - it is a pretty negative view-point to think that people are like this. It is also not reasonable to extrapolate from you your own experience, that because Jewish people that you know in this company are 'like that', then Jewish people in general are like that.

What you have done is to apply this negative view-point to a people, which is prejudice.
          My statement was not anti-semitic. I fully understand your posting but do you not see that it is your interpretation, not everybody elses?

You didn't post your original "and there's that thing about the Jews" to attack anti-semitism you posted it as an attack on me. That attack has failed because my original post was not anti-semitic and I add again that I am not an anti-semitist.

Now continue all you like but I'm going to leave it there.
          Last edited by Churchill; 8 February 2011, 15:31.

Comment

My statement was not anti-semitic. I fully understand your posting but do you not see that it is your interpretation, not everybody elses?

You didn't post your original "and there's that thing about the Jews" to attack anti-semitism you posted it as an attack on me. That attack has failed because my original post was not anti-semtic and I add again that I am not an anti-semitist.

By all means leave it there. I will also leave it there, but I am genuinely deeply puzzled. And a little depressed about what passes for not being anti-semitic. Funny old world.

Comment

Has your spade finally worn out?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

I think it melted when it hit the molten rock at the centre of the earth.
                Talk about pig-headedness.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Is it hard to shovel when you have one foot in the mouth?
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

It's fine, I'll see you on the battlefield when you try to overthrow the Monarchy.
                    You'd really risk your life for king charles?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      You'd really risk your life for king charles?
                      I'd risk my life for the Monarchy. There is a difference

Comment

Working...
                      X