• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I used neither 'religion' or 'race' but 'people'. Anyway, a poor attempt to distract.

It is indeed only defamation if it is not true, and this can also be said of any of the accusations that anti-semites might make. But it is still anti-semitism.

If you hold anti-semitic views, no doubt you will believe them to be true, but an anti-semite you remain nevertheless. You just happen to be a self-justified anti-semite.
    In your view. Which of course you are perfectly entitled to have. You have yours, I'll have mine. If you choose to label me as "Antisemitic" then you've formed the wrong conclusion based on one statement.

Btw, are you going to drag this up every other time you're in danger of losing an argument?

Just so I know.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      What is uncivil about my post?
      I'm not an ex-squaddie.

hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        If you choose to label me as "Antisemitic" then you've formed the wrong conclusion based on one statement.

The statement is pretty explicit.
        It says

(1) Jews regard non-jews as there to be "used".
        You haven't qualified this in any way e.g. saying some Jews behave this way. One of the characteristics of racism is make generalisations about a whole group, which you have done.

(2) Apparently you came to the above conclusion after having worked for a Jewish firm. Rather stupid to judge all Jews by your experience in this firm, don't you think?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The statement is pretty explicit.
          It says

(1) Jews regard non-jews as there to be "used".
          You haven't qualified this in any way e.g. saying some Jews behave this way. One of the characteristics of racism is make generalisations about a whole group, which you have done.

(2) Apparently you came to the above conclusion after having worked for a Jewish firm. Rather stupid to judge all Jews by your experience in this firm, don't you think?
          Qualify it to whom?

I owe you nothing. If I started to qualify the statement I would be accused of back-tracking. I gave my justification. End of.

Comment

Qualify it to whom?

I owe you nothing. If I started to qualify the statement I would be accused of back-tracking. I gave my justification. End of.
            It's the 'end of' in as much as you are an anti-semite.

If I'm ever near losing an argument with you (or even if nowhere near), I'll consider whether to bring it up, according to its relevance - because I happen to think anti-semitism is a big thing.

What I don't understand, is why you don't just admit it? I'm an anti-monarchist and you're an anti-semite. We've agreed that we can hold differing views in a democracy. Or at least deny it and explain why your statements don't make you an anti-semite.

Comment

Qualify it to whom?

You're right you owe me nothing.

Nevertheless:

1. Your unqualified statement is clearly anti-semitic.
              2. As I pointed out in my previous post, your justification for the unqualified statement is clearly un-intelligent.

HTH
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It's the 'end of' in as much as you are an anti-semite.

If I'm ever near losing an argument with you (or even if nowhere near), I'll consider whether to bring it up, according to its relevance - because I happen to think anti-semitism is a big thing.

What I don't understand, is why you don't just admit it? I'm an anti-monarchist and you're an anti-semite. We've agreed that we can hold differing views in a democracy. Or at least deny it and explain why your statements don't make you an anti-semite.
                Deny what? I've made one statement based on my own experiences and you chose to label it.

Fine. No problem you've arrived at your own (in my opinion erroneous) conclusion, I have nothing to defend.

Comment

Qualify it to whom?

BTW - back-tracking is OK, and I reckon you're big enough to handle that accusation. You could always say that you didn't really mean it, and it's a generalisation, and you accept that your views may have been coloured by a bad experience, and that in retrospect (or within the context of this discussion) you accept that this is not an accurate description of Jews.

Comment

You're right you owe me nothing.

Nevertheless:

1. Your unqualified statement is clearly anti-semitic.
                    2. As I pointed out in my previous post, your justification for the unqualified statement is clearly un-intelligent.

HTH
                    Actually no it doesn't help, not one little bit.

Comment

Actually no it doesn't help, not one little bit.
                      No I didn't suppose it would.
                      Those of a less mulish disposition and higher IQ will see my point though.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X