• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic attacks from boozing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Not getting any of that as such apart from feeling guilty about the amount. Knocked back two bottles of wine last night without noticing. Hid the bottles in the morning.

Don't have time to go to the pub.
    If I drunk half the equivalent in beer I'd have a hangover but with wine I'm not getting pissed or noticing it in the morning.

As my shoulder is getting better back to the cage for me I think.
    Still livin' the dream?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      Could well be the excess calories as someone else pointed out,
      Easy to find out; spend a weekend eating lots of pies and cakes but without the boozing, and I suspect you'll find the symptoms are not as bad.

Don't fall for the calories nonsense; it's the booze that's fcking up your system and you know it.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I suppose its time to hang up your boots when the day after boozing you have minor panic attacks, sweats, confusion, feelings of guilt, anxiety and heart palpitations? On top of the usual hangover symptoms.

This has only started happening to me in the last few months after 20+ years of binge drinking. I cannot moderate my drinking - i'm a classic weekend binger. So I think i'm going to cut it out all together - which is something I feel sad about. I've had some great fun when liquored up.

Time to hang up my boots and find less damaging pass times. I wonder how many others have done this?
        Do you smoke when you drink?

Comment

Do you take them during the hangover, before going to bed when liquored up, or just take them every day?
          Usually after a sesh, lifts the hangover quicker.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejacka1 View Post
            You say you "can't moderate" your drinking. I just wonder why not?
            I always go out thinking i'll have a few pints and then do a runner. Once i've had a few pints the
            sensible head comes off and the escape to victory head goes on. I don't stop drinking till i have to - either because i'm trollied, or everyone has gone home, or i have to work next day - and i enjoy it. I don't really like the taste of the booze - I like the effects - so going out for a couple of beers is not something i'd do. I'd rather have a coffee if I go out for moderation.

Originally posted by Thejacka1 View Post
            The problem with complete abstinence is that if you do fall off the wagon, you will fall off harder.
            Don't even want to think about that.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Do you smoke when you drink?
            No I don't. Stopped smoking 10 years ago. Hangovers are a lot worse when you've had 40 fags the night before

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Usually after a sesh, lifts the hangover quicker.
            I'll try it, thanks. I used to eat banana's after a night out clubbing in my younger days. Sensible.

Comment

I always go out thinking i'll have a few pints and then do a runner. Once i've had a few pints the
              sensible head comes off and the escape to victory head goes on. I don't stop drinking till i have to - either because i'm trollied, or everyone has gone home, or i have to work next day - and i enjoy it. I don't really like the taste of the booze - I like the effects - so going out for a couple of beers is not something i'd do. I'd rather have a coffee if I go out for moderation.

Sounds like you're not long for this world.

I think Minestrone might have a few tips if you ask him nicely. However I don't think he's too keen on you Aussies as you f*cked up his Cricket prediction.

Comment

No I don't. Stopped smoking 10 years ago. Hangovers are a lot worse when you've had 40 fags the night before

I'll try it, thanks. I used to eat banana's after a night out clubbing in my younger days. Sensible.
                Sounds like me in my pre-baby days. Drink for all the wrong reasons and feel hideous beer guilts the next day because you know you're on a sticky wicket.

You need to think shorter term, and think about why you're doing this. Vow that next time you go out for a "few", you stick to your word and don't get in the same state you normally would. The lack of this sort of mentally distressing hangover the following day will convince you it's the right way to go.

I cut booze out because I had no choice; I'm not being holier than thou. I was up for a laugh whatever the cost and am only completely different now due to circumstance.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Sounds like you're not long for this world.

I think Minestrone might have a few tips if you ask him nicely. However I don't think he's too keen on you Aussies as you f*cked up his Cricket prediction.
                  I'm actually pretty fit. I go to the gym a lot and am within the correct weight range. Had a medical at 35 and heart is good. I eat well too. Binge drinking is the only real vice I have left. Well, that and a weakness for trannies

Comment

It's all about getting into a different routine. Having a drink becomes part of the routine.

I'm thinking of having an affair to break my present routine.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What I found with the heavy mid week boozing, wasn't so much the ill effects from the alcohol but the combination of booze and lack of proper sleep.

I still have the occasional mid week piss up but they are few and far between now, I'm generally either too busy or too far away from any drinking partners.
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X