• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Wandsworth is now a prime property location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Overlooking the A214? Doesn't that get a bit noisy? That's closer to Earlsfield or Tooting. Besides, that article is talking about Wandsworth Town, which is the bit beside the river. That's where most of the bankers are moving; into the new riverside apartments and penthouses around there. Too modern for some people, yes, but you don't expect the bankers to have taste do you?
    Its very quiet where I live. I like the bit around Bellevue - much nicer than the modern soulless apartments on the river, as you rightly note.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I'm sure...

I hope you've started saving for school fees. The Secondary schools round there are tulipe.
      We are indeed. Luckily have no mortgage.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It sounds loverly.

Knife crime and muggings rise but police hail stop-and-search | News

A drugs gang led by a convicted robber which made £100,000 a month was smashed after police mounted a “Wire-style” investigation involving covert surveillance and officers posing as addicts.

The Stick 'Em Up Kids, which controlled the flow of cocaine and heroin in Wandsworth, was run by Musa Mohammed, on licence after being released from a four-year jail term. Mohammed, who goes by the street name Mikey, has 10 previous convictions for charges including armed robbery and drugs offences, and was only released in February last year — two months before the investigation started. His gang is also suspected in connection with a murder of a teenager in 2006.

In a four-month period, five undercover officers made 32 deals. They became so trusted that dealers would contact them to let them know “we've got good stuff”, Kingston crown court heard. When police arrested the gang in August and seized their phones they found that more than 25,000 calls regarding drugs had been made during the time they were under surveillance.

The gang paid £40 a day to runners as young as 15 for their services. A total of 13 youths pleaded guilty to dealing drugs between May and August last year.

Mohammed, 23, was due to be sentenced for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs today.

His gang members were given sentences ranging from five years to 24 months.

Shopkeeper sees off robbers with handful of chilli powder | News

Police linking spate of shop robberies in Wandsworth (From This Is Local London)

Woman attacked by knife-wielding thug in Tooting Bec Common (From Wandsworth Guardian)

Wandsworth home to more gun owners than any other borough in London (From This Is Local London)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          It sounds loverly.

Knife crime and muggings rise but police hail stop-and-search | News

A drugs gang led by a convicted robber which made £100,000 a month was smashed after police mounted a “Wire-style” investigation involving covert surveillance and officers posing as addicts.

The Stick 'Em Up Kids, which controlled the flow of cocaine and heroin in Wandsworth, was run by Musa Mohammed, on licence after being released from a four-year jail term. Mohammed, who goes by the street name Mikey, has 10 previous convictions for charges including armed robbery and drugs offences, and was only released in February last year — two months before the investigation started. His gang is also suspected in connection with a murder of a teenager in 2006.

In a four-month period, five undercover officers made 32 deals. They became so trusted that dealers would contact them to let them know “we've got good stuff”, Kingston crown court heard. When police arrested the gang in August and seized their phones they found that more than 25,000 calls regarding drugs had been made during the time they were under surveillance.

The gang paid £40 a day to runners as young as 15 for their services. A total of 13 youths pleaded guilty to dealing drugs between May and August last year.

Mohammed, 23, was due to be sentenced for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs today.

His gang members were given sentences ranging from five years to 24 months.

Shopkeeper sees off robbers with handful of chilli powder | News

Police linking spate of shop robberies in Wandsworth (From This Is Local London)

Woman attacked by knife-wielding thug in Tooting Bec Common (From Wandsworth Guardian)

Wandsworth home to more gun owners than any other borough in London (From This Is Local London)
          Don't be a pleb. Like most boroughs in London Wandsworth is large and encompasses several, shall we say, income brackets.
          Never seen anything in years in my area.
          Thanks for taking the trouble to look it up though
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Don't be a pleb. Like most boroughs in London Wandsworth is large and encompasses several, shall we say, income brackets.
            Never seen anything in years in my area.
            Thanks for taking the trouble to look it up though
            Just as well you haven't got a flashy motor.

Isn't that the area where that gang broke into a house, beat up the husband, raped his pregnant wife and stole his S5?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Just as well you haven't got a flashy motor.

Isn't that the area where that gang broke into a house, beat up the husband, raped his pregnant wife and stole his S5?
              Didn't hear about that.

Sure it wasn't Battersea? There's always stuff going on in Battersea.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is this the one you mean? Its in North London.
                Sounds horrific.

Heavily pregnant woman raped in her own home by armed gang | Mail Online
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

To play devil's advocate for a moment, Sas is right about Wandsworth being rather large and covering a wide demographic. Wikipedia says it's population is about 284,000 which is slightly more than Dim's very own Newcastle. I've lived in various parts of Wandsworth for about 5 years now and never had any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Is this the one you mean? Its in North London.
                    Sounds horrific.

Heavily pregnant woman raped in her own home by armed gang | Mail Online
                    Probably, I remembered it from crimewatch. I thought it was from Wandsworth/Balham area.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      To play devil's advocate for a moment, Sas is right about Wandsworth being rather large and covering a wide demographic. Wikipedia says it's population is about 284,000 which is slightly more than Dim's very own Newcastle. I've lived in various parts of Wandsworth for about 5 years now and never had any trouble.
                      Where do you live Bunk?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X