• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed-Tastic: Banks to reveal £25bln profits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A housing collapse is on the cards. Although I've been saying this since 2003 and missed out on one years rise by panicking slightly and selling my BTL portfolio in 2006. Turns out my instincts were partially right.

I am poised for a second BTL buying spree but my calculations indicate that prices would have to fall by 20% from 2007 peaks before they represented a fair value, taking into account future capital gains. This has not happened with prime London property.
    I found this to be quite useful for searching for locations to look at

Map of UK property hotspots
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Doesn't the ROI from BTL come from the rental income and not the capital gains anyway?

Surely the appearance of 125% mortgages with low rates and poor/no credit history will be a sign of the next housing bubble? If that ever is allowed to happen again..
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        He betted that the banks would recover if given free tax-payers money. What an insight!
        He probably put his money into commodities after it - his profits come from your pockets every time you buy essential items that gone up in price.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          He probably put his money into commodities after it - his profits come from your pockets every time you buy essential items that gone up in price.
          I'll punch him if I see him in Waitrose.

Comment

Working...
          X