• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pencils

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Ultra fine tip felt pen every time for me, although recycled paper quality is getting so grotty it's starting to feel like scratching away on emery paper.

Maybe I should start thinking about tablets, if the resolution is good enough and not still like using crayons. Any ideas?
    Pop into Scew Fix and liberate a load of their pencils. It won't matterif you lose a few.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Pop into Scew Fix and liberate a load of their pencils. It won't matterif you lose a few.
      The trouble is pencil marks just aren't as clear as black ink, especially when you're borderline long sighted like me, and you can't get the detail of a decent fine-tipped felt pen (although those propelling pencils come close).
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I've recently bought an electric pencil sharpener
        Mainly cos it too big and bulky to get lost in the maelstrom that is Pogle jrs room.
        Also its plugged in to the wall - that helps too.

Its quite satisfying sharpening a pencil in it
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I'm a self-confessed art-materials geek, and own one of these. It's the mutt's nuts - twist the grip one way, it's a smooth ballpoint... the other, a .7mm pencil. Nice weight and grip too - a lot better than Rotring.

P.S. I also have a fountain pen in the same style. It writes almost as well as a Caran D'Ache Léman - the very, very best pen money can buy - for a fraction of the price. Never again will I buy a Mont Blanc or (especially) Cross.
          Last edited by realityhack; 25 January 2011, 23:27. Reason: The bit about the pens.

Comment

I use 0.5mm click type pencils for meeting notes, general notes and have done for years. Easy to use and correctable in my notebooks.

I've got 4 or 5, usually a couple in my laptop case, one or two on the desk and one in my jacket pocket.

Comment

Working...
            X