• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overseas buy-to-let

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    I recon you could go in an offy and get a different beer every night for a year
    sure it must be a hell of allot easier in the cities like Stockholm, but buying booze in Ystad is a real culture shock - there's one government owned shop (the Systembolaget) in the whole town which is licensed to sell booze over 3.5%, you can't walk in there and take it off the self, its all kept safely locked away behind a big glass screen thats so thick it looks bullet proof, we needed to show our passport to buy, oh and i'm sure they only opened during the day, so if you having a party and ran out of booze, your well and truly screwed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systembolaget

Comment

Yeah, but anywhere out in the boonies is going to be a little difficult to find an offy, even in the UK.

From there most get the ferry to Germany and fill the trailer or entire bus, or go over the bridge to Copenhagen.

You will learn to live with the Swedes, just try not to laugh at them too much, they can get a little touchy about that.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X