• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A case for the death penalty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again with the rush to non-judgement

Originally posted by Francko
    Only God (if there is one) and Chico are in the position to judge that. I am not. Surely I want to be sure that those people cannot harm the society, but taking somebody's life is another matter.
    Would it be easier if we chose not to judge him morally but simply to execute him as an enemy of society?
    And what is all this 'most evil, lowest' crap, doesn't anyone remember the 6 month old baby who was raped?
    Why not?

Comment

The death penalty wouldn't have made a difference in this, or many cases. I don't reckon the guy stopped to think "Hang on, there might be a nasty punishment for this."

Comment

Ah, so you're suggesting that

Originally posted by thunderlizard
        The death penalty wouldn't have made a difference in this, or many cases. I don't reckon the guy stopped to think "Hang on, there might be a nasty punishment for this."

because criminals will always break the law then there should be no punishment for crime (and therefore no crime) as there is no deterrent.
        Brilliant, how long have you worked for the government?
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4743354.stm

How low can a human being stoop? Anyone guilty of such crimes should relieved of their lives IMO. Anyone disagree?
          Stop infringing this persons human rights and more importantly, stop oppressing him!

Mailman

Comment

He might have been obeying her last request. who is to say that when she banged her head she didnt utter "**** me!"

Possibly he belongs to a religious sect who state that none shall enter heaven virgo intacta

Just being flippant. I would throw to the lifers for a couple of years of torment then string him up.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'm sorry I disagree. The only crimes that deserve severe punishment are those relating to missing your self assessment deadline and those due to speeding or parking.

Everything else is trivia.

Thanks,

Tony

Comment

Phew

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                I'm sorry I disagree. The only crimes that deserve severe punishment are those relating to missing your self assessment deadline and those due to speeding or parking.

Everything else is trivia.

Thanks,

Tony

Thank god there's someone with a sense of perspective

hugs and kisses
                Gordon
                Why not?

Comment

Not sure if this is "worse" or not

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4746642.stm

A father who battered and burnt his son to death has been given a life sentence after being convicted of murder.
                  Paul O'Neil, 33, from Newcastle, held the face of his three-month-old son Aaron against a gas fire and later fractured his skull with a head blow.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4746642.stm

A father who battered and burnt his son to death has been given a life sentence after being convicted of murder.
                    Paul O'Neil, 33, from Newcastle, held the face of his three-month-old son Aaron against a gas fire and later fractured his skull with a head blow.
                    That is just sickening. If the folk of this country don't agree with capital punishment, they should at least advocate a lifetime of hard, unpaid labour for scumbags like this.

Comment

....and then there's this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4746760.stm

Comment

Working...
                      X