• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh flipping flip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to:

(a) see what the weather is like
    (b) see how the cold is
    (c) persuade Frau D. to let me

but otherwise yes, I wouldn't say no to a trip up to the ring. The only drawback is, is that with winter tyres I'm only limited to 240 (although I did go up to 250 on Monday on the way to work to annoy a BMW 5 series driver) but...

What people forget is that on normal, i.e. non-race days, the ring is basically a normal road which means that you can't overtake on the inside, you have to stick to the posted speed limits (they even put up speed cameras sometimes) and the rest of the StVO (rules of the road) so Mich, you could cruise around in your barge and the tosser in the Porsche Carrera GT would have to sit behind you and wait for a legal place to overtake
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Have to:

(a) see what the weather is like
      (b) see how the cold is
      (c) persuade Frau D. to let me

but otherwise yes, I wouldn't say no to a trip up to the ring. The only drawback is, is that with winter tyres I'm only limited to 240 (although I did go up to 250 on Monday on the way to work to annoy a BMW 5 series driver) but...

What people forget is that on normal, i.e. non-race days, the ring is basically a normal road which means that you can't overtake on the inside, you have to stick to the posted speed limits (they even put up speed cameras sometimes) and the rest of the StVO (rules of the road) so Mich, you could cruise around in your barge and the tosser in the Porsche Carrera GT would have to sit behind you and wait for a legal place to overtake
      Errr..... Speed limits??

During public sessions, its legal status is that of a one-way public toll-road with no speed limit (except on the approach to the two exits). Vehicles must be 100% road-legal (including tyres), and normal German road traffic law applies. Road insurance is also required, but don't assume that your fully comp cover applies - see my insurance page for details.

Legally, you are required to drive on the right side all the way around - legally you are not supposed to cut across the white lines, but the road is one way, so this is not enforced (hence you can take the "racing" line) - the only speed limits are on the entry/exit gantrys of the track.

Overtaking SHOULD be done on the left, but frequently happens on the right - you will normally find that people in slower vehicles indicate right at the start of a straight and get out of the way - if they don't, then most people blast through on the right...... Just my experience and a quote from a website......

I wanna go to the ring now.... See what you've done?!?
      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
        I wanna go to the ring now.... See what you've done?!?
        They have had snowfall

Webcam

Unless that melts I guess the trip is off
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Chucking it down with snow here now
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X