• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany struggles to find skilled workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    They have a nearly fully private health care system don't they. So I imagine working conditions for nurses would be a lot better than here.
    The health insurance is either private or with a state insurance company.
    I am not sure about the ownership of the hospitals.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I just need to brush up a bit; a couple of weeks intensive and I'd be fluent again.
      Why, I don't speak German (fluently, more of a mish mash of the various dialects) and I've been here nearly 22 years and only work in German speaking environments. I definitely don't write it and send all my e-mails in English...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Why, I don't speak German (fluently, more of a mish mash of the various dialects) and I've been here nearly 22 years and only work in German speaking environments. I definitely don't write it and send all my e-mails in English...
        I also get by in English, but I have only worked in a giant multinational
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
        X