• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roll back 25 years - it's 1986

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Oops we've already done 5.

Welcome back and straight to number 4 where Straits are not the only things that are Dire (own up - pastel jacket with sleeves rolled up and espadrilles)

Now, just managing to squeeze into the top 3 that band your Dad calls "Who's that bunch of benders"

At 2, just off the top spot, no way is this 25 years old! A group of 3 Norwegian lads who are going to create a temporary surge of popularity for the Norwegians at your Uni with all the fit girls. Knowing me, knowing you...

And still at Number 1 after 10 weeks in the chart it's that one we don't like really - anyone fancy a pint? Is he gay that one? People aren't really gay in real life are they? Leave the girls, they'll dance to this one amongst themselves.
    Well done, Jimmy. Thanks for fixing that for us..
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Contracting at Burtons in Leeds. Went from £6k a year after completing my apprenticeship to £575 per week after tax and NI, not bad for a 19 year old.

Comment

What does NASA stand for?

Need
        Another
        Seven
        Astronauts

Actually January 28th. I remember our teacher let us watch it live in a Computer Studies class. The launch that is. I don't think he was anticipating what happened.

More Challenger jokes please.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Indeed not.

Nor did I realise that Kelly McGillis was of the same persuasion.
          No great loss now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            No great loss now.

Oh God! My eyes!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Ashes Tour next winter down in Oz. Do you reckon we've got a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                25 years is a looooooooooooooooong time.
                It doesn't seem that long ago.

Comment

The year I started a short lived career as a metal closures technologist at Showerings Cider and Babycham factory in Shepton Mallet. That's the science of bottle tops to everyone else.

Got bored of that and was offered a horizontal move into the advertising department. My biggest success was this:

Hey, I'd love a Babycham

Later got fired. Couldn't work the same magic on their sales of Cherry B
                  Last edited by wurzel; 13 January 2011, 21:51.

Comment

In 25 years people will be scratching their heads about this:
                    100 youtube memes

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                      My biggest success was this:

Hey, I'd love a Babycham
                      Really?

Kewl!
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X