• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skype Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Everton Mints? How does that work?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Everton is in Liverpool - People from Liverpool are scousers - all scousers are lying barstewards
      errrr maybe?
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Has anyone ever had an interview on Skype/webcam ? I have one on Friday, not done before.
        Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Yes.
        Did you have to bleach your @sshole?
        Last edited by Ruprect; 12 January 2011, 21:23. Reason: added contect
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Did you have to bleach your @sshole?
          How could you possibly know this?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            How could you possibly know this?
            I was the interviewer
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yes. With a chap in Singapore. Quality of the line was awful. Needless to say I did not get the job.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Had one for a gig in Düsseldorf, think I documented it here - got the contract but turned it down. Wish I'd gone now....

Comment

What's everybody's take on where to look during a skype interview?

If I look at the person interviewing me on the screen, then the person looking at me sees someone not making eye contact and looking a bit shifty (well in my case anyway).

If I stare at the camera on the laptop, then the other person could think that either:-

a) Positive, engaging, blah, blah

b) pyscho who thinks they're on TV, and is not even looking at me

Is their any etiquette for this kind of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                      What's everybody's take on where to look during a skype interview?

If I look at the person interviewing me on the screen, then the person looking at me sees someone not making eye contact and looking a bit shifty (well in my case anyway).

If I stare at the camera on the laptop, then the other person could think that either:-

a) Positive, engaging, blah, blah

b) pyscho who thinks they're on TV, and is not even looking at me

Is their any etiquette for this kind of thing?
                      Yes.

Don't do it naked.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X