• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's nothing like Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I can't see it at work.

Does it include watersports, like white-water car rafting?
    Do you know how many ppl have died? Is this a funny joke? Would you make a joke about Giffords head being blown off? You are now on my sh1t list.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      Do you know how many ppl have died? Is this a funny joke?
      Damn, yes. Where the hell are all the soggy Aussie jokes?

Searches... Oh, yes!

I was in Brisbane waiting for ages for a bus.

Then what do you know, two float past at once.
      England and Australia wore black armbands during the 20-20 match in Adelaide in respect of the flooding in Brisbane and Queensland.

Better safe than sorry.
      I can't believe how rude the Brisbane Tourist Office were when I rang up asking about wine.

All I said is that I couldn't find a Dry White Australian anywhere, and they gave me a right load of abuse.
      SKY NEWS: Brisbane counts the cost of flood.

I thought floods were free.
      BBC News: "Brisbane braces for flood surge".

The lengths the Australians will go to wash the Ashes from their memories
      Chin up Australia.

No, seriously, chin up Australia.
      Thank you, Sickipedia.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

aussielong's sh1tlist got a little longer
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          Would you make a joke about Giffords head being blown off?
          I had to Google that to see what you were on about.

You mean that Merkin politician woman who, despite being shot in the head, is alright? That confirms everything I thought about politicians in the good ole US of A.

Really, WGAF? It's a gun-culture country and shooting one another is what they do over there.

Edit: forgot the gags.

BBC News; Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords May Have Severe Brain damage.

So, back to politics for her then?
          US doctors have confirmed that Gabrielle Giffords can 'respond to simple commands'.

For an American, that must mean a full recovery.
          One of the victims in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting was a nine-year old girl, who wanted to know how American politics work.

Well, now she knows.
          BBC NEWS: Shot US congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords 'doing well'

Obviously not or someone wouldn't have tried shooting her.
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 14 January 2011, 20:48.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I asked this Australian bloke how far away I was from Queensland. He replied, "It's twenty clicks away, mate."

Things must be bad if they've started speaking dolphin.

Comment

aussielong must have left his sense of humour at Sydney International Airport.

There's a relief rally on in Australia called "Where the floody hell are ya"

Comment

There's nothing like Australia

Dreadful film. There's two and a half hours of my life that I'm never getting back.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Phil Spencer has been plugging Australia again.

Melbourne: Episode Guide | 4Homes | Channel4.com

For £375K you can get a great house and they showed that nurses and doctors there earn on average twice the UK pay too.

And IT is on the desparately needed skillset for getting a work permit too.

What you all waiting for?

Comment

Beautiful !

Contracted in blighty for several years and have finally made the jump to contracting down under. Must say guys if anyone fancies it - it will be the best move you ever make

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by weemster View Post
                      Contracted in blighty for several years and have finally made the jump to contracting down under. Must say guys if anyone fancies it - it will be the best move you ever make

Comment

Working...
                      X