• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are you hedging your savings?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    This is also what I think, and ECB is also in the game of printing.

That is why I have been thinking about CHF.

but I don't really like to speculate, as I don't think I am any good at it. I just don't want to feel @$$-raped by the Feds when I am working hard to create savings.
    You're insane if you don't own gold, investors told - Telegraph

Gold is looking to pull back, and a dip will be the perfect entry point.

Remember, you trade $/£/Euro to buy gold, but you can sell gold anywhere into almost any currency.

Comment

why would anyone be selling gold for paper?

unless you bought paper gold?

all three major currencies are teetering on the edge of collapse, the crisis is being pushed between each of the 3

when the 1st one goes the other will following very quickly

wheel barrow loads of paper won't be much use then, a few small gold coins might come in handy though

Comment

Likewise those 'safe havens' will presumably tank if the currencies mentioned begin to look less iffy. Big 'if'. I notice even CHF has tanked against gold, to the tune of half its value, in the last couple of years alone too.

Comment

Wheelbarrows. Real ones, not the other sort.

Comment

Junior oil explorers. All a bit tulip or bust, but is working so far. Might just about be able to buy a house yet!

Comment

Working...
            X