• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Wedding hit by Tube Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Most people are off, so supply of labour is limited by definition ...

Would you work for the same money on weekend/bank holiday/Christmas Day?

Let me rephrase it - would you even WORK on those days? Posting tulip using your multiple sockies on CUK does not count
    Yes I would work. Yes I do work. And yes I don't see any difference.

They are all human constructs of time and there is no difference between any of them.

Hth
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You try and negotiate your remuneration as high as the market will bear. Why shouldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Yes I would work. Yes I do work. And yes I don't see any difference.
        When you are "out of contract" (ie you punched your boss in the face again) then let me know, I am tempted to hire you for a day to make tea, water plants and clean our office, yes quiet I am looking forward to it actually

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          When you are "out of contract" (ie you punched your boss in the face again) then let me know, I am tempted to hire you for a day to make tea, water plants and clean our office, yes quiet I am looking forward to it actually
          Again I will reiterate.

I see no difference between the human construct of time, work or people.

So making tea for a total dick head on a Sunday is no different to bringing Neil Armstrong down to land on the moon on a Tuesday. It's whoever is paying the most for that day!

Hth

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Again I will reiterate.

I see no difference between the human construct of time, work or people.

So making tea for a total dick head on a Sunday is no different to bringing Neil Armstrong down to land on the moon on a Tuesday. It's whoever is paying the most for that day!

Hth
              Time when my kid is not in school is worth more than time when he is. Therefore anyone who wants me to give that up has to pay more (and I'll probably refuse).
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                You try and negotiate your remuneration as high as the market will bear. Why shouldn't they?
                Is holding the populace to ransom a fair negotiation tactic?

Greedy little ****ers.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  There's no market for Underground drivers though, just blackmail since they know they can bring the entire city to a halt.

Triple time plus a day off in lieu is extracting the urine with extreme prejudice. The only way I can see of getting rid of this sort of blackmail is driverless trains.
                  I'm very grateful I don't have to use the Underground more than once every month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Time when my kid is not in school is worth more than time when he is. Therefore anyone who wants me to give that up has to pay more (and I'll probably refuse).
                    You want to see him. Take him out of school for the day. No difference. Human construct.

Comment

The authorities will probably view a Tube strike on that day as a good thing. One less security problem.

I'm surprised that not more people have commented on the fact that April 29th was the date that Adolf Hitler married Eva Braun and then topped himself.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X