• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would it be practical to live in Spain and commute weekly to the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davetza View Post
    Just be careful as airlines don't always fly to all destinations throught the whole year and they can often chop and change schedules at short notice which could caus you problems if you have just brought somewhere and they suddenly stop flying there.
    EasyJet flies a scheduled service from Malaga to most of the major UK airports all year round.

Of course it's still a risk as you say.

Comment

I've worked with 2 chaps in recent years who commuted from far away lands... One from west Ireland and one from Tenerife! They would typically come in on a Monday afternoon and leave Thursday afternoon, WFH Fridays and working longer hours Tues and Weds.

Seems practical so long as you have clients that are flexible about working hours (so they should be)
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        If you hate the cold why on Earth did you move up to Northumberland instead of somewhere like Devon?
        He could not afford to live in Swindon anymore.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          EasyJet flies a scheduled service from Malaga to most of the major UK airports all year round.

Of course it's still a risk as you say.
          V O L C A N I C A S H C L O U D

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I've thought about it some more, and the best way to know what it is like is to try it.

So I'm going to rent a holiday villa close to Malaga for a month and try a commute and see how it pans out and at the weekends suss out the place.
            Easyjet don't fly on Sundays (Malaga to Newcastle), and the Moday flight is at midday, and Rynaair (even cheaper) don't fly back on Sundays either, for e.g. to Leeds. Apart from that, the commute could easier and cheaper than in to London.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Easyjet don't fly on Sundays (Malaga to Newcastle), and the Moday flight is at midday, and Rynaair (even cheaper) don't fly back on Sundays either, for e.g. to Leeds. Apart from that, the commute could easier and cheaper than in to London.
              Oi DP!

A guy I used to work for now owns a charter company based at Leeds Bradford, give him a call, you are a contractor after all is said and done.
              Last edited by Churchill; 7 January 2011, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

HTH
                The only bit of V O L C A N I C A S H C L O U D that caught my eye was CASH.

Comment

NetJets, every contractor should use them, so my butler says.

HTH

threaded

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

HTH
                    Add in ATC strikes, and snow chaos when 1 inch hits England, and air travel no longer seems so reliable.
                    Last edited by MrMark; 9 January 2011, 16:58.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Find a gig where you can work at home exclusively and the world's yer oyster. Been thinking about a move to Spain for some time now.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X