• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone bothered by the current "terror threat level"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FATE?

Do me a favour!

Life ain't fair and that's a good thing!!!!

Live with it.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I'm not entiiiiiiiiiiirely sure I agree with your reasoning here!

Accidents happen, sure. I think the huge difference is that a terrorist act is carried out to deliberately kill / maim people.
      Accident \ terrorist attack \ being knocked down by a bus the method is irrelevant, the point i am making is that a set of circumstances\occurances has brought that person to that place at that point in their life, Why? as i said before they could have done a million things that would have stopped them being at that place at that time but they did not so it was fate or if you like their destiny to be there.

I am in no way relegious its just an interesting view point

Comment

We're all going to die at some point, so why worry

Besides if there was a real threat to the public, do you think the government would tell us ?
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I'll be going through Euston between 16:00 to 17:00. If I don't log on after that you know what happened!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
            Accident \ terrorist attack \ being knocked down by a bus the method is irrelevant, the point i am making is that a set of circumstances\occurances has brought that person to that place at that point in their life, Why? as i said before they could have done a million things that would have stopped them being at that place at that time but they did not so it was fate or if you like their destiny to be there.

I am in no way relegious its just an interesting view point
            Fate. Definitely interesting.

Or...a load of old bollocks.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Fate. Definitely interesting.

Or...a load of old bollocks.

the fate arguement is propogated by religion, designed to keep you docile and accept your "fate", cos if you do that then you're less likely to stand up to and question the powers that be

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Option 3 for me. There will always be the 'possibility' of an attack, like there will always be the possibility of being hit by a bus or getting mugged.
                WZS.

No different to when the loons from the IRA were blowing stuff up.

Comment

no.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    the fate arguement is propogated by religion, designed to keep you docile and accept your "fate", cos if you do that then you're less likely to stand up to and question the powers that be
                    No fate but what we make.

Fate is just an excuse people use to avoid responsibility. Say you drive drunk, go through a red light, and kill some children crossing the road. You wouldn't get very far saying "it was just their time to die".

If you choose to go to London, ride a tube train every day, and get killed in a terrorist attack, then nobody would say it was your fault. But at the same time it was a decision you made to run the risk of doing that, so you are responsible for your own death to a small degree. It's not a random decision, like turning left instead of right, or leaving the house 5 minutes later, it's a conscious decision to take a risk.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                      Could be, or it could be to try and pacify people who are afraid/terrified of dying/death.

Comment

Working...
                      X