• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What could you say....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Probably because most recently created public sector jobs involve no more than walking about clutching bits of paper, or sitting at a PC screen looking busy, whereas planning officers do at least need the rudiments of training in architecture or town planning or whatever.

Does that refer to the perils of venturing into one of Prescott's new doll's houses before the glue has dried, or are you implying that building developers bump off recalcitrant planning officers?
    Well actually some councils are now telling builders that if they help fund the planning process, it will be able to go faster, as they will be able to employ more staff. And some councils even allow the builders to do some of the work in the planning process.

Not entirely ideal me thinks.

Comment

if they help fund the planning process, it will be able to go faster,
      Some chaps did that in Doncaster. They went to jail I believe.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X