• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To infinity and beyond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    There is a growing school of thought that it might not have been such a bright idea to give our location away, a bit too presumptuous.

Prepare for the harvest.
    A sufficiently advanced civilization would likely have moved on from nomadic harvesting of natural resources to farming.

Unless they have forgotten where they planted us I think they know we are here.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      A sufficiently advanced civilization would likely have moved on from nomadic harvesting of natural resources to farming.

Unless we're a weed growing at the edge of the field.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        There is a growing school of thought that it might not have been such a bright idea to give our location away, a bit too presumptuous.

Prepare for the harvest.
        Originally posted by doodab View Post

Creatures that feasted on creatures from other planets would have slim pickings given the number of inhabited planets that we have discovered so far.

Another planet in severe distress needing a new home is a totally different proposition, and could plausibly be us in a few years time.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I saw a documentary on this.

Eventually it will harness the entire knowledge of the universe and come back as a sentient being looking to destroy the world. We'll have to send up some bald headed bird to sort it out.
          I think that was actually Star Trek: The Motion Picture

But then I think you know that too!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I saw a documentary on this.

Eventually it will harness the entire knowledge of the universe and come back as a sentient being looking to destroy the world. We'll have to send up some bald headed bird to sort it out.
            Sinead O'Connor ?

Comment

Working...
            X