• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gym Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I have a question for all my good friends in CUK regarding something I perceive to be a matter of etiquette in the gymnasium.

Firstly, let me explain that I have decided to continue with my fitness programme despite Monday's unwitting exposure of my ticket on CCTV. The reason for this is that I was throwing out some old clothes the other night and I found my old ELO tour shirt from 1989. According to the contemporary style, I had removed the sleeves from this shirt with a pair of scissors. Upon attiring myself in said shirt Malc commented that my arms poked out like two little white cocktail sticks. I obviously no longer cut the same figure as I did in my halcyon rabble rousing PA days so I have decided that it's time to beef up.

Now here's my question. Imagine, if you will, the conjugation of the apparatus in my gymnasium. There is a row of benches upon which the beefcakes pump their iron whilst admiring themselves in a huge mirror on the wall. Between aforementioned benches and mirror is a rack upon which the weights are kept. Now, when I need to retrieve or replace a weight I have to momentarily obstruct the reflection of one or more these beefcakes at which point they invariably growl at me. Am I committing some kind of gym etiquette violation by doing this? Do I have to wait until there is a pause in their activities? Why do they have to see themselves in the mirror?

What's you avatar? I can't quite make it out. Is it some kind of National Front slogan daubed on a Union Jack?

Comment

In your gym, aren't there any of those apparati with pulleys and springs? They don't need weights from the rack in front of the mirror.

Comment

Working...
      X